Rates, Insurance and Out-of-network Reimbursement
Standard Rates for Sessions & Insurance
My standard (out-of-pocket) rate is $190 for a 50-minute session. NOTE: many of my clients are out-of-network; however, get reimbursed from their insurance company via a “Superbill” that clients provide to their insurance provider.
Currently, I am only accepting several insurance companies (Optum, United Health, Blue Shield of California, Tri-care).
Getting Reimbursed for out-of-network therapy
Even if I do not accept your insurance, you may get reimbursed by your insurance company as I am considered an “out-of-network provider”. Upon your request, I will provide you with an invoice of services (known as a “Superbill”) for you to provide to your insurance provider. Many of my clients get reimbursed by their insurance company even though I am considered an out-of-network provider.
I’d recommend asking these specific questions to determine if you can get reimbursed by your insurance provider:
- Does my coverage include mental health, behavioral health or psychotherapy services?
- Is there a deductible and what is it?
- Can I get reimbursement from an out-of-network provider and how much?
- Do I need documentation from my primary care physician approving out-of-network mental health services in order to get reimbursed?
- How do I submit the Superbill for reimbursement?
- Any other miscellaneous questions you may have.